KAD is an advanced manufacturing company opening a new division in East Randolph Vermont. We specialize in prototypes and use innovative technology to produce 1000’s of unique parts per year. We pride ourselves on problem solving and bringing ideas to life. Our shop is ideal for those who wish to develop their skills and are drawn to new challenges.
The CNC Programmer position has responsibility for complex or specialized technical assignments, which requires the ability to work well both independently and with a team. To be successful within the role, you should have creative problem solving skills, an attention to detail, and a strong work ethic. You would be responsible for fabrication of precision products in a range of industries such as consumer electronics and medical devices using a variety of metal and plastic mediums. You should be comfortable working in a dynamic, non-routine environment where each product is unique. Since our shop specializes in complex prototyping, you should enjoy diverse, fast-paced work and be inspired by challenging tasks.
- Program parts using Fusion 360 or SurfCAM
- Create products and tooling using stainless steel, aluminum, and engineered plastics
- Develop silicon molding and products, including fabrication of rigid tooling
- Deburr and inspect in-process and finished components to verify specifications
- Complete project paperwork
- Routinely work independently and show good judgment with approaches to complex setups and operations
- Efficiently balance time between multiple projects and support of other team members
- Two years of CNC Prototype manufacturing experience using CAM strongly preferred.
- Ability to plan, program and set up jobs from CAD files (both 2D and Solid Models) and prints.
- Strong verbal communication skills and ability to work well with others.
- Ability to regularly lift and position fixtures and tooling weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Proficiency with basic and advanced inspection equipment including caliper, micrometer, gauge pins, and drop gauge.
- Strong knowledge of, and extensive experience with, the following:
- Set up and operation of mill and other basic shop tools for precision machining
- Machine properties of ferrous, non-ferrous, and plastic materials
- Building to hold tight tolerances
- Haas mill with 3 and 4-axis control
- CNC programming of complex 3D surfaces
- Machine shop operations and maintenance, including safety practices
- Full time position; day shift
- Holiday, vacation, and overtime pay
- Flexible hours (standard work day is 8 hours)
- Partial Health insurance ($450 towards plan)
- Retirement plan offered after first year
- Compensation commensurate with experience
We are looking to hire immediately; qualified and interested candidates should respond by emailing their resume to Brian@kadmodels.com.