KAD is an advanced manufacturing company opening a new division in East Randolph Vermont. We specialize in prototypes and use innovative technology to produce 1000’s of unique parts per year. We pride ourselves on problem solving and bringing ideas to life. Our shop is ideal for those who wish to develop their skills and are drawn to new challenges.
The General Manager position has responsibility to direct and coordinate activities for the site. Strong management and leader skilled are required. To be successful within the role, you should have creative problem solving skills, an attention to detail, and a strong work ethic. In addition to management, you would be responsible for fabrication of precision products in a range of industries such as consumer electronics and medical devices using a variety of metal and plastic mediums. You should be comfortable working in a dynamic, non-routine environment where each product is unique. Since our shop specializes in complex prototyping, you should enjoy diverse, fast-paced work and be inspired by challenging tasks.
- Oversees the day-to-day activities of a team of CNC Programmers, Operators, and Interns.
- Examines production schedules and deadlines.
- Provides direct, hands-on support in programming and overseeing CNC machine operation.
- Works with Engineering and outside services.
- Trains new employees.
- Supervises programming CNC machines, ensuring that they are operated safely and efficiently.
- Develops training materials and manuals.
- Enacts and monitors workplace safety measures.
- Seeks ways to enhance processes and procedures, ensuring efficiency and safety.
- Develops and manage employee schedules.
- Ensures machinery works as expected.
- Assures product quality meets specifications.
- Organizes all required documentation and record keeping related to assigned responsibilities.
- Produces annual employee performance reviews and provides support for professional growth.
- Programs parts using Fusion 360 or SurfCAM
- Creates products and tooling using stainless steel, aluminum, and engineered plastics.
- Develops silicon molding and products, including fabrication of rigid tooling.
- Deburrs and inspects in-process and finished components to verify specifications.
- Completes project paperwork.
- Routinely works independently and show good judgment with approaches to complex setups and operations.
- Efficiently balances time between multiple projects and support of other team members.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- More than three years of CNC manufacturing experience using CAM required.
- Supervisory and training experience strongly preferred.
- Two years of Prototype manufacturing experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to plan, program and set up jobs from CAD files (both 2D and Solid Models) and prints.
- Strong verbal communication skills and ability to work well with others.
- Ability to regularly lift and position fixtures and tooling weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Proficiency with basic and advanced inspection equipment including caliper, micrometer, gauge pins, and drop gauge.
- Strong knowledge of, and extensive experience with, the following:
- Set up and operation of mill and other basic shop tools for precision machining
- Machine properties of ferrous, non-ferrous, and plastic materials
- Building to hold tight tolerances
- Haas mill with 3 and 4-axis control
- CNC programming of complex 3D surfaces
- Machine shop operations and maintenance, including safety practices
- Full time position; day shift
- Holiday, vacation, and overtime pay
- Flexible hours (standard work day is 8 hours)
- Partial Health insurance ($450 towards plan)
- Retirement plan offered after first year
- Compensation commensurate with experience
We are looking to hire immediately; qualified and interested candidates should respond by emailing their resume to Brian@kadmodels.com.